Register Now for the Society of Petroleum Engineers SPE OKC Monthly Luncheon on August 17, 2023 TOPIC: Technical and Economic Considerations for Large Scale CCUS – OKC
This Event Reminder is Sponsored by:
“Technical and Economic Considerations for Large Scale CCUS”
Carbon dioxide (CO2) sequestration in saline reservoirs is likely to be a major part of future energy infrastructure and will require massive scale-up to meet many of the emissions targets that are promoted by some of the largest companies in the world. While most of the capital spent will go towards surface infrastructure and facilities, the major risks remain in the subsurface. Successful carbon capture, utilization, and storage (CCUS) projects require integrated multidisciplinary teams of geoscientists, engineers, land, and regulatory experts. Permitting requires rigorous subsurface characterization and simulation to ensure the project can operate safely and economically with minimal risk to the public. This talk will discuss some of the lessons learned from progressing a first-of-its-kind large-scale onshore CO2 storage hub in the United States.
UpstreamCalendar.com was created to help the industry to synchronize by providing a free lookahead for key industry events across the world. We focus on news and events and non-profit support. We support community outreach, and industry specific 2023-2024 Oil and Gas trade shows and conferences for Upstream. These include Offshore Wind, Offshore Drilling, Subsea, & Land Drilling,. We are FROM Upstream, FOR Upstream and believe in Networking With A Purpose. Allstream Energy Partners puts all streams of energy together through our media outlets in Midstream, Downstream, Renewable Energy and Upstream.
- BREAKING: Corpus Christi Carbon Storage Hub Awarded to World-Class Team lead by Repsol
- RWE Grows U.S. Offshore Wind Development Portfolio by 2-Gigawatt in BOEM’s First-Ever Offshore Wind Lease Auction in the Gulf of Mexico
- Industrial Data Labs Raises $1.5 Million in Seed Round to Drive Innovation in Industrial Sales Processes with Applied AI
- Aug 14: Chesapeake Energy Corporation Announces Sale of Final Eagle Ford Package for $700 Million to SilverBow Resources
- BREAKING: A Transaction Valued at $4.9 Billion ExxonMobil Announces Acquisition of Denbury