Register Now for the 2022 North American Frac Sand Conference Feb 23,24 – Houston
Bringing together frac sand buyers, sellers, and service companies
The frac sand industry is adjusting to the current market as oil and gas operations stabilize across the continent. For the year ahead, how will the current environment impact the market for proppants? Will the negative impact be absorbed by a rise in the volume of frac sand being used per well? The supply chain is under pressure to adopt cost-cutting strategies and navigating through the market has become increasingly complex.
In addition to market constraints, logistics and transportation companies need to find practical solutions for responding to a low-price regime. The existing US and Canadian transportation networks need to focus on efficiencies in order to economically serve a market looking to cut costs. The overall market supply and logistical challenges are leading to market tightness and price volatilities, which are further aggravated by the added pressures on existing railroad facilities and overall shortages in storage capacity; furthermore, adverse weather related events only exacerbate the situation due to the lack of sufficient in-play storage facilities.
The objective of the North American Frac Sand 2022 conference will be to bring the frac sand supply chain industry together to evaluate solutions for overcoming the current market and logistical challenges of supplying frac sand to well sites.
- How is the current oil price environment effecting the market for ceramic proppants?
- Key indicators show a more intense use of frac sand in new wells across the Eagle Ford and other shale plays
- Is an increase in the volume of proppants used
- Are imported proppants from China a continued threat to U.S. proppant suppliers?
- Forward projections and the market over the last 5 years
- Looking at the trends in frac sand quality over time as they have changed
- Understanding the various mesh size trends of sand used for hydraulic fracturing
- Brief market fundamentals and the high-level, oil & gas landscape
- The current state of North American demand and demand drivers
- Current, active, and available supply landscape – across North America
- General market trends and total size ($$) of current and forecasted market
- An overview of proppant types and looking at which proppants work best and where
- Understanding the economics behind proppant specifications and the choices made by end users
- What should be looked at when deciding on proppants in terms of the reservoir and the proppant type?
- Proppant demand locations from a volume perspective and the major shipping flows across North America
- Understanding the reserve quantity estimate calculations
- Use of geophysical & geotechnical methods to characterize the frac sand deposits
- Economic viability factors for regional sand deposits
- Review of Proppant embedment mechanisms and relevant minerals in shale from ductile to brittle
- Laboratory exploration of Mineralogy, Microstructure, and Geochemistry of shales on Proppant embedment
- Recent and pending crystalline silica regulations from MSHA and OSHA and how they impact the industry
- Developing methods to work with communities and regulators to help win over approvals for new projects
- New and innovative technologies to help mitigate silica dust pollution during frac sand transportation
- Improved efficiencies within frac sand transport, handling, and storage
- Knowledge gained on material transport and handling within other key industries
- Material transport cost reductions – lessons learned
- Lifts the burden of sand suppliers by offloading sand mining and removes burden of people and equipment investments
- Added services of MassEx companies are valuable – mine planning, mine management, special project completion, etc.
- Allows sand suppliers to focus on core service of providing best in class regional sand to completion companies
- Bonus discussion: Operational excellence – Information and data-based intelligence about the frac sand market
- Transitioning from traditional dry mining to automated dredge mining
- Fostering a data driven operation with centralization and visualization
- Effects of turbidity on conductivity/ permeability and recommended testing in the standards
- Importance of sizing and how do clusters affect the final product
- How proppant turbidity effects fluid performance and additional issues with turbidity
- Understanding the use of LNG for sand drying, power generation, and current market trends for natural gas & LNG
- Addressing winter weather impact on fuel supplies and considerations for sand miners for avoiding weather disruptions
- Looking at the update on oil and gas activity in the Eagle Ford, Haynesville, and Permian Basin
- Reopening of the OSHA and MSHA silica rules and implications for those involved in the industry
- OSHA is reopening its 2016 silica rule to make changes to requirements impacting the fracking industry
- Regulatory changes and enforcement practices, including updates to OSHA’s silica NEP, and best practices for compliance
- An introduction to this amazing property on the shores of Great Slave Lake
- We will review the journey from discovery to the present day
Follow UpstreamCalendar.com for upcoming industry events. Upstream Calendar was created to help the industry to synchronize by providing a free lookahead for KEY industry events across the country. We focus on non-profit support, community, and industry specific 2022 Oil and Gas trade shows and conferences for Upstream, Subsea, Offshore, Downhole, Cementing, Completions, Fracking, Pumping, MUD, etc. We are FROM Upstream, FOR Upstream and believe in Networking With A Purpose.
Email Ops@MidstreamCalendar.com to get involved.
2022 Oil and Gas Events Houston
2022 Oil and Gas Events Texas
2022 Oil and Gas Event Frac Sand
If you are wondering when the 2023 North American Frac Sand Conference will be, then look no further. It will be: The 2023 North American Frac Sand Exhibition and Conference will be February 21-22 at South Shore Harbour Resort,
Register Now for the 2023 North American Frac Sand Exhibition & Conference Feb 21, 22 – Houston
- BREAKING: $7.7 Billion Deal – Chevron to buy PDC Energy
- May NEWS: INEOS completes major $1.4 billion acquisition of US onshore oil and gas assets
- $4.275 Billion Acquisition – Ovintiv to Acquire Black Swan Oil & Gas, PetroLegacy Energy and Piedra Resources WTX
- Call for Papers – ADIPEC 2023 – Abu Dhabi – DEADLINE April 14
- Happy Engineers week from Upstream Calendar