Register Now for the 2022 IADC Permian Basin Regional Forum Oct 18th – Midland
This Event Reminder is Sponsored by:
Tuesday, 18 October
7:15 am Registration, Coffee Service & Networking
7:15 am Speaker Briefing (Speakers, Moderators & Session Chairs only)
7:50 am Introduction, Welcoming Remarks & Safety Moment
- Jacob Bruster, Chair, IADC Permian Basin Chapter; Marketing Representative, Unit Drilling Company
Moderator: Jacob Bruster, Unit Drilling Company
8:05 am Directional Drilling
These industry leaders will examine the role of the drilling contractor in the directional drilling arena, and the future of directional drilling.
- Mike Buker, President, Phoenix Technology Services USA Inc.
- Joel Wilmes, Drilling Solutions Liaison and Dave Simpson, Drilling Solutions Manager, Helmerich & Payne IDC
8:45 am Market Outlook
Industry analysts will share their insight on events impacting the O&G market and what to expect in the year(s) ahead for the Permian Basin region.
- Sean Mitchell, Managing Partner, Daniel Energy Partners
- Reed Olmstead, Executive Director – Upstream Research, IHS Markit, S&P Global
9:45 am Safety Showcase
Safety professionals will share their insight on current safety challenges in the region.
- Shane Phipps, Safety Director, Wilbanks Trucking Services LLC
- Cody Ashley, HSE Director, Latshaw Drilling Company
10:15 am Coffee Service & Networking
Moderator: Jacob Bruster, Unit Drilling Company
10:35 am Operator’s Outlook
Operators in the Permian Basin will share their insight on topics to include drilling plans, safety, training, challenges, and special projects.
- Mike Oestmann, CEO, Tall City
- Nick Goree, PMP, Vice President, Drilling, Earthstone Operating, LLC
- Scott Rovira, Vice President, Well Construction, Endeavor Energy Resources, LP
- Additional panelists to be named.
12:00 pm Luncheon & Networking
Moderator: Barrett Zuskind, Z-Tex Services
1:15 pm Perspectives from the Drilling Contractor
Drilling Contractors in the Permian Basin will share their insight on topics to include drilling plans, safety, training, challenges, and special projects.
- Kurt Bailey, Operations Manager, Patterson-UTI
- Josh Price, Area Manager – Southern Division, Nabors Drilling Technologies USA, Inc.
- Ryan Hessler, Operations Manager, Unit Drilling Company
2:15 pm Energy Expansion/Renewables: Dillon Blakley, Director, Rental Power and Services, Warren CAT
Exploring alternative energy sources in oilfiled applications, primarily targeted at drilling.
2:45 pm Coffee Service & Networking
Moderator: John Williams, Unit Drilling
3:00 pm Permian Strategic Partnership: Tracee Bentley, CEO, Permian Strategic Partnership
Permian Strategic Partnership works to strengthen and improve the quality of life for Permian Basin residents by partnering with federal, state, and local leaders to develop and implement strategic plans that foster superior schools, safer roads, quality healthcare, affordable housing and a trained workforce.
3:15 pm Texas & New Mexico Legislative & Regulatory Overview: Ben Shepperd, President, Permian Basin Petroleum Association
PBPA advocates for safe and responsible oil and gas development and provides education on safety, legislation, regulation, and support services for the industry.
3:30 pm Extended Laterals
In the Permian Basin, horizontal wells with 3 mile laterals are becoming routine. This discussion includes how to optimize drilling techniques and the unique challenges associated with extended reach laterals.
- Grant Muncrief, Drilling and Completions Manager, Coterra Energy
- Chris Jones, Field Services Manager, Helmerich & Payne IDC
4:30 pm Adjournment: Jacob Bruster, Chair, IADC Permian Basin Chapter; Marketing Representative, Unit Drilling Company
Follow UpstreamCalendar.com for upcoming industry events. Upstream Calendar was created to help the industry to synchronize by providing a free lookahead for KEY industry events across the country. We focus on non-profit support, community, and industry specific 2022 Oil and Gas trade shows and conferences for Upstream, Subsea, Offshore, Downhole, Cementing, Completions, Fracking, Pumping, MUD, etc. We are FROM Upstream, FOR Upstream and believe in Networking With A Purpose. We put all streams of energy together as the original Energy Calendar. This event is at NRG and for a full list of NRG Events Calendar follow us on our other pages. Midstream Calendar, Downstream Calendar and this one Upstream Calendar. The Energy Calendar official – sharing All Streams of Energy. Allstream Energy Partners.
2022 Oil and Gas Events
- Come And Take It – Natural Gas Stoves – Biden Proposed ban on Natural Gas Stoves
- Seeking Guest PCasters – Upstream Drilldown
- Allstream Now Offering Videography & Photography
- Interested in Joining Our Renewables Calendar Channel? – Special Soft Launch Promo of $250 for ALL of 2023
- 11/30 News – Enbridge and Oxy Low Carbon Ventures to Explore the Development of a CO2 Pipeline Transportation and Sequestration Hub near Corpus Christi, Texas